2.3.08

Stage Four

We have officially found out that dad's lung cancer is at stage four. The cancer has spread to both lungs. Through his doctors at University Hospital in Columbus, he has been invited to take part in a clinical trial currently taking place on non-smokers who have lung cancer. That decision will be made in the next few weeks.

"Incurable, terminal disease" is not a phrase that is easy to hear. There always seem to be options in this country of plenty. It's a somber reminder of our finitude.

Thank you for your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish there was something I could say that would make things better for you...please know that I am praying for you guys and love you very much.
-Andrea

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynn,
I am so sorry to hear that your Dad's cancer is at the stage that it is. He is such a great guy. I'll never forget the first time I saw him with hair and contacts. I thought for sure there was a prowler in the kitchen.
Our thoughts and prayers are definately with you.
Much love,
Renee

Lynn Rudd said...

Thanks for expressing your love and support Andrea and Renee! It's really helpful and needed right now.

Renee-I'll pass along your memory to my dad...I think it will make him smile!

Andrea-Thanks for reaching out to us!

Love,
Lynn