16.3.08

Jaelyn's Birthday Party



On her actual birthday, Jaelyn got breakfast in bed and the usual royal treatment, but finally yesterday we celebrated with a party.



We took Jaelyn to the Cuyahoga Falls Natatorium with three friends to celebrate her birthday; all had fun.



Even Addison who on the drive north had mourned the absence of any other boys on the trip, turned to me as we ascended the staircase to the top of the waterslide and said, "This is the best Birthday Ever!" For Addison, (usually *so* attuned to fairness standards) for him to not be registering a formal complaint on his own behalf, but instead to just be entirely caught up in the joy of the moment, that means that it was really a success.

2 comments:

Ang said...

I wish I could have come...but I don't think I could have fully enjoyed those water slides...with my large belly :)

Can't wait to see you, Jaelyn and Addison!!!!

-gigi

Drew Watts said...

It seems like a great place for a birthday celebration. I’m just finishing up with the arrangements for my daughter’s birthday. We are having a party at one of the Chicago venues this time but maybe we’ll consider the Natatorium next year. Ohio is a few hours’ drive from my place but it can be done.