13.2.08

My dad has lung cancer...


Andy's Epiphany art is a great, symbolic way of describing life with a cancer diagnosis. Everything feels broken, fragmented....like your life needs a completely new way of being understood or framed....

I've avoided posting this information because I don't like talking about it very much. Apparently I caught more communication reticence than I believed I had from my parents; however, I've learned that many people I love want to support us and be a part of the journey with us. It's important for me to share.

Here is the short version of the story. Dad has cancer in the right lobe of his lungs; we are waiting for a confirmation that there is not cancer in the left lobe. If the left lobe is clear, he's in stage one. If the left lobe has cancer cells, he's in stage four. Pretty big difference. So, we wait...

The multiple tests have been difficult and exhausting for my dad and mom. The waiting has been psychologically wearing on everyone, but especially my parents.

Lent has an entirely different meaning to us this year. Easter feels really far away...

3 comments:

Daniel Rudd said...

i love you all and i'm praying for you. thanks for writing

Kate Rudd said...

thinking about you guys tonight.

Anonymous said...

Dear Andy and Lynn,
I recently came across an old Christmas card from you that had your blog address on it and so I was able to once again locate you. Yea.

I am so sad to hear the news about Gary. He is such a sweet soul. They send me a Christmas card every year and it is so nice to keep up with what they are doing.

I will certainly be praying for all of you. Each time God brings you into my thoughts....I will pray.

Lots of love.
Renee Peiffer