9.8.07

Coshocton Square Dancing






Every summer, on the first Saturday evening of August, my Uncle Larry hosts a community/family square dance. Everyone is invited; including those of us who weren't allowed to square dance during gym class due to our 'testimony'. Although our learning curves were steep, Andy and I have eventually caught up with most of the adults; however, some dancers still annually swing outside of our coordination.

This summer, I spent most of my time partnered with Addison, and Jaelyn spent time dancing with her dad and cousin, Keith. Jaelyn had a look of pure delight punctuated with giggles during the entire evening. Addison enjoyed it immensely too; he even allowed himself latitude to laugh through his mistakes.

Family, fun, laughter, and dancing. I think it made Jesus smile.

No comments: