24.8.04

Top Ten Notable But Unrelated Life Markers of the Moment

10. Jaelyn woke up on Monday, and after calling "DADDY!" asked -- Daddy, when will kindergarten start. Every morning has been a countdown. Friday a.m. is orientation.

9. Addison has not once regreted giving up his flyer. He teased me the other day, Daddy, bring me my flyer? I said, Your FLYER!? And he giggled uproariously, knowing that he had gotten me with his subtle humour.

8. Long day today at "Faculty Retreat." Several surreal elements (unpostable for legal reasons) confused me throughout the day on the question of -- is this just an extension of my very odd dream last night?

7. My office is organized. Really and Truly organized. And it was fun to make it that way. I understand why professional organizers get off on their jobs. Though I suppose I would grow weary of it eventually. (BTW, I have not abandoned my official stance that people should only aspire to be organizING never organizED.)

6. I finished a short screenplay about a forty five year old woman locked into a community college.

5. Lynn is gearing up for a new position as the Director (?) / Coordinator (?) of the Literacy Center in the downtown school district.

4. Jaelyn announced her plans tonight at dinner to shuttle the family to each of the four corners of the United States next summer. Seattle - Miami - San Diego - and Phillips Family....here we come!

3. I love corn season. We buy fresh corn at the market every night and devour it. Addison arrived at the table last night and in a broken hearted whine exclaimed, Not Corn! Again!

2. I'm zipping to the store after I finish this to buy the ingredients for Tomato Jam and Tunisian CousCous Salad. While tomorrow evenings eats sound really good. It's starting to feel a little late.

1. Lynn and I decided to chill together last night, and I felt bored with all the old topics (and given how many years we've been in this conversation, that's a lot of topics) and so somehow we had our first long serious conversation about --

Pro Football.

Apparently someone quite knowledgeable (L.) paired with a major blowhard (A.) can make quite a conversation out of relatively little shared knowledge....

Hope your top ten are treating you well....

peace~

cross post from the backburner

No comments: