20.3.04

The Psino

import from the back burner
I was never sure why I was a psino (silent p); if it was something i had done; something i should be embarrassed about or something that was generally true of everyone.

it was certainly true of everyone that was in my sunday school classes.

Jesus loves me, the psino, for the bible tells me so.

Perhaps "psino" was a theological term describing the comprehensiveness of original sin?

It was a ridiculously long time before I figured out my error.

this, I know.

and i thought of it this weekend when Jaelyn asked me and Lynn very insistently and repetitively:

"What is Cruisey - Violence?"

It took a lot of conversation to realize that this was her take on the crowds maelovelent chant in the JESUS film (which she's been watching) as they chant, "crucify him!"

She'd been walking around muttering the magical dangerous phrase "Cruisey Violence" all day.

peace~

No comments: